Power system studies
STABILITY STUDIES AND TRANSITIONAL CONTROLS
Quantify and locate the cause of harmful transients and identify solutions to minimize or eliminate them.
SELECTIVE PROTECTION STUDIES
- Determine the order of protection device settings;
- Increase the capacity of the protective equipment for possible faults;
- Ensure adequate coordination of protective devices;
- Increase installation reliability with appropriate adjustments.
- Obtain single-phase and phase short-circuit levels and calculated X / R ratio for local faults;
- Evaluation of the effects of different types of short circuits on the system voltage profile, identifying the areas of the system where faults can result in unacceptable voltage drops;
- Dimensioning of equipment: circuit breakers, disconnecting switches, busbars, cables, transmission lines, transformers, grounding installation, etc .;
- Specification of current, line traps and processors of protection systems;
- Calculation of equivalent network;
- Check progress on short circuit.